What's Happening? Corolla is one of the most desired vacation destinations in the country.
USA Today described Corolla Beaches as "One of the best undiscovered beaches on the East Coast" with "wide beaches, large dunes and clean water."
U.S. NEWS ranked the Outer Banks as the #1 Best Family Beach Vacation in the USA.
Until the 1980's, this large stretch of land we call the Outer Banks was undeveloped. Now it is known for beautiful beaches, gorgeous beach homes, fine dining, shopping, and FAMILY FUN! The beaches are not crowded and the water is warm and clear. During the summer, most families spend the day at the beach, pool, and the house that they are renting. The day is spent surfing the waves, relaxing on the beach, kite flying, playing horseshoes, volley ball, biking, poolside, and unwinding in the hot tub. Evenings are spent with families walking on the beach, playing games, flashlighting crabs under the light of the moon, and strolling along the ocean side under the stars. The moon and stars are amazing in Corolla and Corova because there are no "big city" lights to detract from the natural beauty of the stars.
There are plenty of family fun attractions in Corolla. One can climb the 214 steps of the 1875 Currituck Lighthouse to see the sound and ocean views that are breathtaking. Take time to see the 1920's restored Whalehead Club, Wildlife Education Center and historic Corolla Village's chapel and school house area while you are here.
To name a few of the Things to do:
- OCEAN CLUB CENTRE – You will find ABC Liquor Store, Southern Insurance, Blue Water Seafood Market, several restaurants- Metropolis, Currituck Outer Banks Visitor Center, and Corolla Beach Realty.
- TimBuck ll – 60 unique shops from clothing boutiques to surf shops and restaurants. Plus mini raceway with go-karts & bumper cars, miniature golf, parasailing, paddle boats, kayak and jet ski rentals.
- Shopping at Corolla Light Shops, Monteray Plaza, Corolla Village, Currituck Shops and more shopping in Duck
- Golfing at the Currituck Club and Duck Woods Country Club
- Jeep rentals to explore 4 wheel drive areas and see the horses
- Charter fishing, dolphin tours, sailing, and wind surfing
- Wright Brothers at Kill Devil Hills
- Jockey's Ridge – Giant Dune in Nags Head
- Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, and The NC Aquarium in Manteo
Check out these links...
- Welcome to Currituck Outer Banks
- Currituck County
- Currituck Chamber
- Dare County
- TimBuck ll Shopping Village
- Mid-Currituck Bridge
- Outer Banks.org
- The Whalehead Club
- Currituck Lighthouse